Ah, life in Hubbards Cove! What’s not to love?
1. Let’s start with the scenery:
2. For locals, there’s nothing like fresh produce from the Hubbards Farmers Market.
3. Or how about a dance or some dinner at the Shore Club?
4. Tourism season brings a lot of activity to the area. Take a look at this video celebrating the entire Community of Hubbards Cove. So much to do!
5. Have you heard of the J.D. Shatford Memorial Trust? For many years, the Trust’s Scholarship Grants have funded many high school graduates who are full-time area residents. Read more about the Trust in this 2013 National Post article. This is an area whose citizens truly give back!
6. The young sailors in the family can “learn the ropes” at the Hubbards Sailing Club.
8. Then there’s 273 Dauphinee Drive, known locally as Sou’west House:
Imagine walking down your front lawn and splashing your toes in the fresh, cool waters of the cove…
...or smelling the salt air in the evenings…
...with all the activities of the Cove just steps away. This could be your life!
Young or old, life in Hubbards Cove is as busy or as peaceful as a person might like it - idyllic, in fact, if you found yourself living in Sou’west House or any of the other well-kept homes that colour this close-knit community.
If you haven’t visited Hubbards Cove, you really should - as a tourist or as someone interested in becoming a permanent part of the maritime way of life. You’ll be glad you did!