Where can you find the Heart of Halifax? Some would say it’s on Quinpool Road, where South End meets West End and the storefronts bear traces of our city’s rich history.
Let’s take a stroll:
1. Atlantica Hotel Halifax: Located where Quinpool Road meets Robie Street (Haligonians call this corner the “Willow Tree”), the Atlantica offers accommodations and event space. It’s also home to Seasons Restaurant.
2. Freeman’s Little New York: A Halifax institution, Freeman’s offers live music and an affordable menu that includes their famous pizza.
3. Aerobics First: For runners, walkers and skiers, Aerobics First is known for its excellent service and product selection.
4. Not only does Secord Gallery represent a wide selection of Nova Scotia’s visual artists, they also provide custom framing services - one stop shopping!
5. Trinity Jewellers: The place to buy, design, redesign and maintain your beloved bling!
7. The Athens Family Restaurant: Family dining that specializes in Greek fare, at a nice price - we especially love their stuffed peppers and spanakopita!
9. Gaudet Optical: If you want eyewear as individual as you are, this is the place to go. Self-described as “one of the most interesting, unusual, and awarded eyeglass dispensaries in Eastern Canada”, Gaudet will help you find your look.
10. THIS HOUSE! Located in the Sir Charles Tupper Elementary and Citadel High School districts and only blocks from local universities and hospitals, 2094 Oxford Street positions you and your family close to all the shops on Quinipool Road and just a short walk from the Halifax Common. Contact RDR’s #RenoAuld team to arrange a viewing:
Jane Reno: 902-478-6375, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Auld: 902-209-7066, email@example.com
Lots more to see and do on Quinpool Road - take a walk sometime and you might just fall in love with this ever-evolving neighbourhood.